Job Vacancy: ’Dramaturg’
• Contract Type: Part-time
• Application Opening Date: Tuesday 10th February 2015
• Closing Date: Monday 23rd February 2015
• Start Date: Week beginning 2nd March 2015
• Rate of Pay: £125 x 3 days.
• Project Dates: Week commencing March 2nd through to 11th April. Dates are flexible at present, but applicant must be able to attend on April 11th 2015.
C-12 Dance Theatre are looking to recruit a professional dramaturg to work alongside our Directors to creatively respond to movement, concepts and ideas, adding relevant and constructive suggestions to support a coherent, smooth flowing piece of accessible, immersive dance theatre.
Company Background: C-12 Dance Theatre creates original, emotionally driven, accessible, and highly charged contemporary dance theatre experiences that aim to engage, educate, challenge and entertain audiences of all ages. Our work can be found in outdoor festivals, traditional theatres and community spaces.
Sherlock Project: This project is a 10-15 minute practical & theoretical presentation exploring the use of movement with technology through an immersive theatrical experience based on a Sherlock Holmes story.
The suitable candidate should match the following criteria:
• Previous experience with assisting in arts based works
• An understanding of plays, artists and artistic intentions
• Clear communication skills
• Passionate about dance, people and education
• High standard of English, literary skills, attentive eye for detail
The predominant task consists of observing movement content, liaising with C-12 Directors, suggesting improvements, stylistic qualities and suitable changes to create an effective performance piece.
If you would like to apply for this role or require further information please send a CV and cover letter stating why you would be suitable for the position by Monday 23rd February at 5pm through to Adam Towndrow (C-12 Executive Producer) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be invited to an interview on 25th February 2015.